Thursday, May 31, 2012

Miss Confused Problem

Dear Miss Anne,


I am getting married in four months. I have been engaged for four years. However, my fiancee and I have at least two major issues. I just don't know if this is serious enough for me to consider backing down from marriage. 

My fiancee and I are not seeing eye to eye on money issues. He feels that when we are married once the bills are paid for each person should have allowance money to spend. The catch is the other person should not ask what the money was spent on. 

An example is, he spends money on CD's or a football jersey that's over $200.00. If he used it from his allowance money I should not complain. I'm not ok with this. My parents have been together for over 30 years and consult every detail of their expenses together. My fiancee feels that this is like "reporting" to the mate. 

My other problem is that whenever something bothers me (other than money matters), I feel I can't tell him without getting upset

I email him or try over the phone. This doesn't work. He never wants to hear the bad he only wants things to always be on the upbeat. However, I have issues I want to discuss. 

I feel he keeps me from expressing my feelings which turn into resentment. Lately, I have really been questioning my relationship. 

Please help me. I'm getting married in four months and am afraid of failing. Please Help ME!!!! Any advice will much be appreciated. I need to hear an expert's advice. 

Thank you, 
Miss Confused

No comments:

Post a Comment